Capozzi Adler, in partnership with Mid-Penn Abstract Company, offers a full range of title insurance and settlement services for both residential and commercial real estate transactions. Our services help alleviate much of the stress and uncertainty many home buyers experience. By working with us, you get the benefit, at no extra charge, of your closing agent also being an experienced attorney who has practiced real estate law.
In 2020 alone, Capozzi Adler, P.C. completed 626 closings and issued over $350,000,000 in title insurance, across its 4 title companies: Mid-Penn Abstract Company, Foundation Settlement Company, Team Pete Settlement Services, and Charter Settlement Company.
Real Estate Closings
Craig Adler, the head of Mid-Penn Abstract Company, is an experienced attorney who has completed more than 5,000 real estate closings during his 27 years of practice. With experience in successfully completing complex commercial transactions, he represents builders, developers, hotel owners, and health care providers. Mid-Penn Abstract Company also offers timely and efficient residential closings for purchases and refinances.
Our Closings Department follows your settlement from start to finish and ensures all goes smoothly. We help with negotiating and reviewing the Agreement of Sale, complete a full title search to ensure there are no title defects, and represent you at the closing.
Mid-Penn Abstract Company is a licensed agent for Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, First American Title Insurance Company, and Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
A title insurance policy is issued after a complete title search of the public records is performed. Even when a title search is done, hidden defects may arise months or years later. Hidden title defects could include the following:
- Unpaid real estate taxes
- Creditor claims prior to the date of your transferred deed
- Deed executed under false or expired powers of attorney
- Mistakes in recording legal documents
- Incorrect legal descriptions
- Federal, state inheritance and gift tax liens
- Outsale of portions of the property to other owners
Our dedicated team can help with all types of real estate transactions. Here are a just a few of the services that we can provide on your behalf to help ensure a smooth closing:
- Negotiate and review the Agreement of Sale
- Contact your realtors, mortgage lender, tax collectors, municipal authorities, and anyone else involved in your transaction
- Perform and examine the title search
- Prepare the settlement statement in accordance with the lender’s instructions, receive deposits, and distribute all payments in accordance with the settlement statement. This gives you an accurate detail of all of your closing costs for your transaction.
- Conduct the actual closing. Your closing agent is available before, during and after the settlement to answer any questions you may have.
- Perform all after settlement duties including recording all documents at the courthouse, disbursing all funds, and issuing the insurance policies.
Discover the advantages of working with a closing agent who is also a seasoned attorney. Contact us to talk about how our Real Estate Closing and Title services can simplify the process for you.
The federal government and state governments have the power to take private property for public use, known as eminent domain. The government must provide “just compensation” to the property owner. At Capozzi Adler, we represent property owners who are facing an eminent domain action. We ensure that the compensation provided to property owners is in fact “just.” Attorney Peter Carfley has 15 + years experience representing property owners in eminent domain proceedings, fighting for the best results possible for his clients. Whether the acquisition involves a business, a home, or undeveloped land, Capozzi Adler can help you ensure you are fairly compensated. To learn more or request a free consultation, contact us.